Interested in digital storytelling for education? Catch “Understanding the Principles of Digital Storytelling,” by Jason Ohler on February 1st, 2016 at 7:00 pm EST!
What is digital storytelling?
Digital storytelling is a multifaceted branch of storytelling, one of mankind’s favorite pastimes. In addition to being the basis for numerous billion dollar industries, storytelling is vital to culture, business, and politics, and helps us decode life and solve everyday problems. Teachers across the world have begun utilizing digital storytelling in their classrooms to help their students conceptualize the context and relevance of their lessons, prepare for the future, and creatively express themselves.
What are some of the benefits of digital storytelling?
- Students can dive into their creativity!
- Creatively conceptualizing lessons can help students master daily instruction.
- Storytelling can increase interests in various subjects.
- Students learn 21st Century skills that they will utilize throughout their lives.
- Students learn about media literacy as they piece together multimedia.
- Students can share and present their stories to others.
- Creating a digital story helps build a positive digital footprint.
Who is Jason Ohler?
Jason Ohler is a professor emeritus from the University of Alaska and a Media Psychology professor at Fielding Graduate University. His work on digital storytelling and digital citizenship is quite extensive and has led to two books, Digital Storytelling in the Classroom, and Digital Community, Digital Citizen. Additionally, he is the genius behind creatical thinking, which suggests that we should combine creative and critical thinking instead of separating the two! Dr. Ohler is truly an amazing educator and it’s a privilege to learn from him.
Signup for the webinar!
If you’d like to join the webinar on February 1st, 2016, just fill out the form below, and the buncee team will contact you at a later date.