At Buncee, we’ve always been passionate about working with educators to give students the tools they need to succeed. We know that learning is not “one size fits all” and to teach effectively, we have to reach our students – students who come to our classrooms with varied backgrounds, expectations, abilities, and learning styles.
That’s why we’re so excited to announce that we’ve partnered with Microsoft Education in a special private release to bring Immersive Reader to your classroom!
With this new integration, we’re taking another step towards helping you build an inclusive classroom. Together, we want to ensure that we empower learners of all ages and abilities. For students learning a new language or struggling with text comprehension, this integration will not only teach students how to read and write but also nurture a love for it. Here’s what you can expect with Immersive Reader:
- Increase fluency for English language learners or readers of other languages
- Help build confidence for emerging readers learning to read at higher levels
- Offer text decoding solutions for students with learning differences such as dyslexia
See How Immersive Reader & Buncee Empowered Students At The Young Women’s Leadership School of Astoria
What Is Immersive Reader and how does it work in Buncee?
Immersive Reader is part of Microsoft’s suite of Learning Tools that creates an accessible reading experience that has been proven to improve reading comprehension for learners. With this feature, users can do the following:
- Enhanced dictation: Improves authoring text
- Focus mode: Sustains attention and improves reading speed
- Immersive reading: Improves comprehension and sustains attention
- Font spacing and short lines: Improve reading speed by addressing “visual crowding”
- Parts of speech: Supports instruction and improves writing quality
- Syllabification: Improves word recognition
- Comprehension mode: Improves comprehension by an average of 10%
- Translate Text: Choose from over 60+ languages
Learn how to use Immersive Reader in Buncee in the video below.
Check out our step-by-step help article for additional support here.
Ideas for Getting Started with Immersive Reader
To get started on some of our Immersive Reader Ideas, head to our “Appsmash” category in Ideas Lab. Here you can find these ideas for your classroom:
- Create Visual Vocabulary Flashcards
- Explore The Three Types of Rocks with a Flipped Lesson
- Share Your Summer Plans and Explore Sentence Structure
- Explore Career Vocabulary
- Practice Language Skills with a Listening Activity
By providing a wealth of opportunities for creating, our goal is to promote an inclusive classroom that makes it easy for students to express their individuality and share their voice, helping learners build confidence and put them on the road to success! Thanks again to Mike Tholfsen, Principal Product Manager at Microsoft Edu, for making this possible and bringing the Immersive Reader integration into our classrooms! It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you and your team to help bring transformative technologies to schools worldwide!
Learn about more Buncee integrations with Microsoft: